Jobs in USA For Immigrants: Migrate to USA as a Skilled Worker
Migrating to the US as a skilled worker is very possible since it is under the professional worker programs to legally migrate to the United States.
Foreign professionals have a particular interest in knowing how to legally immigrate to the United States. Whereas, there are several options which depend on the profile of each professional.
For many of these options, it is essential to have the support of an American company, since it is this company that grants a sponsorship for the work visa.
Categories of Professional Worker Programs
- EB-1 Category
To obtain the residence card, you must apply to the EB-1 category, which is divided into three subcategories:
- The first category: is for professionals with exceptional abilities, in Education, Sciences, Arts, Sports and Business.
- The second category: is for outstanding university professors or researchers.
- The third category: for some Managers and Managers of foreign companies who are working in the United States.
When the case of professionals with surprising qualities is presented, they do not require sponsorship from any company.
Meanwhile, in categories two and three, they must have a sponsor in most cases.
- EB-2 Category
The EB-2 category applies to people who stand out or excel in the Arts, Sciences and Business. Foreigners with master’s degrees or bachelor’s degree with more than five years of experience also have the opportunity in this category.
- EB-3 Category
This is also known as the skilled worker program and has some subcategories which would be discussed in the next subhead.
- EB-4 Category
The EB-4 category is used to obtain a green card for different categories of people.
These people include the doctors, religious workers, officials of international organizations, workers of the Panama Canal or NATO, Afghan and Iraqi translators who have provided their services to the United States Army.
- H-1B or Temporary Work Visa
The H-1B or temporary work visa has double purposes. Through this category, the process of changing to a green card has become easier.
It is designed for professionals and used by most employees of technology companies. The tech companies sponsor this visa the most
- L-1 and L-2 Category
The L-1 and L-2 visa for temporary work are used by multinationals for their Managers or Executives who are transferred to the United States.
This visa also serves double purposes.
- TN Visa
For Mexican and Canadian professionals, the TN visa applies according to the Free Trade Agreement.
Migrate to the US as a Skilled Worker
The skilled worker program falls in different ways to migrate to the USA as a professional. It is also known as the Category EB-3.
It welcomes workers who can emigrate and who have no opportunity in the EB-1 and EB-2 categories.
Below are the categories of people who can obtain the EB-3;
- Workers with skills and work experience of no less than two years.
- Professionals with degrees or degrees.
- Workers in different areas who have training and work experience of no less than two years.
Required Documents to Migrate to the US as a Skilled Worker
- A passport that is valid for at least 6 months.
- Two (2 x 2) passport photographs.
- Civil documents like birth certificate, marriage certificate, and others.
- Pieces of evidence that you are financially stable.
- Medical examination results.
Steps to Migrate to the US as a Skilled Worker
- Get online to complete and sign the Form I – 140
- Pay your filing fee
- Provide all the required documents.
- Wait for the response to confirm your application.
- Attend the interview.
If you are a foreign professional who wishes to migrate to the US soon. Then, you should consider the skilled worker program.
I believe this article has covered most of the things you must know about this program.
So ensure that you use the social share button to let it reach your colleagues online. Thanks.