Canada Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPS)
This program accepts foreign workers who have the necessary skills, education, and work experience.
It was rated by the Pew Research Center as the country that best receives immigrants. It has economic immigration programs to give immigrants the ability to live and work in their provinces.
Canadian Provinces Participating In PNP
Below are some provinces that participate in PNP;
- British Columbia
- New Brunswick
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Northwest Territories
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
Students, business specialists, entrepreneurs, specialized or semi-skilled workers can enroll.
It is important to note that each province has specific requirements to participate in the program and to subsequently complete a permanent residency procedure to live in Canada legally.
How to Submit A Request For PNP
“You may need to apply through the paper process or the online process through Express Entry,” as said by the Department of Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship.
Also, the applicant must pass a medical examination and obtain a non-criminal record certificate. So check them out below;
- Paper Process
Apply for the nomination to the province through its website, if you meet its eligibility requirements. Wait for the answer to know if you are one of their nominees to fill a job. Check the page for each province here.
“Once you have been nominated, submit a paper application for permanent residence to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada,” they note.
Processing times for the paper application are longer than processing it through Express Entry.
- Express Entry Process
Apply for a nomination under an Express Entry flow on the website. Below are the necessary things to know;
- It will be determined electronically if the applicant meets the requirements for the PNP program.
- Those who pass the filter are placed in the Express Entry or “Candidate Pool” group and are assigned a Comprehensive Classification System (CRS) score based on their skills, work experience, language ability, education, and any other detail.
- Those who speak French, English, have a close relative living in Canada, or already have a valid job offer in the country add more points.
- Show the provinces and territories that interest you in your Express Entry profile.
- If a province or territory sends you a “notification of interest” to your account, you contact them directly.
If you are invited to apply, you have 60 days to apply for permanent residency online in one of these programs: Federal Skilled Worker Program, Federal Skilled Trades Program, and Canadian Experience Class.
The immigration officer reviews the application and determines admissibility. Take into account that the fact that they send you the invitation does not mean that they will grant you residency.
You have to prove your education, experience, and background with documents, certificates, and degrees.
The immigration officer is the one who determines whether or not the permanent residence is granted. If you don’t receive an invitation, you can stay in the system for up to 12 months.
How Are Points Awarded In Express Entry
- Up to a maximum of 600 points for age, education, language proficiency, and work experience.
- 600 points for having a provincial nomination.
- From 50 to 200 points for already having a job offer.
- 15 to 30 points for having studied in Canada after high school.
- 15 points for having a brother in Canada.
The authorities recommend updating the profile if there are important changes.
The Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) is the best opportunity for a foreigner to acquire permanent residence in Canada and I hope I have been able to make you understand how the program works through this article.
Kindly share this with friends and family that might need information about this program.