Requirements for Getting Australian Visa
Australia is one of the best places in the world where you can spend some of your quality time. But to get over there, you must have gotten your visa.
This implies that you can only travel to Australia if all Australia visa requirements are met and the visa has been issued by the Department of Immigration.
Therefore, before leaving, please read the relevant information carefully to verify that you meet all the requirements for using the visa.
Although, there are some specific requirements for different types of visas that you wish to apply for and they will be discussed later on.
These requirements below are general to all the types of visa that you wish to collect;
- Conditions Relating To Your Health
No admission in case of tuberculosis – To protect its residents, the Australian government has introduced the condition that new visitors must not have tuberculosis.
If you have tuberculosis and still want to travel to Australia, check with the Australian Consulate for details. In the Australia visa application process, you will need to indicate if you have tuberculosis.
Even if you do not have TB at the time of application, but contract it later when you want to leave for Australia, your travel will not be permitted without the express permission of the Immigration Department.
- Health Insurance in Australia
The Australian government has agreed with certain European countries covering the medical care of travellers during their stay in Australia. Belgium is one of these countries, which is not the case for France, Germany and Austria for example.
Since there is no bilateral agreement between France and Australia in the field of Social Security, there is, therefore, no medical and hospital coverage for the French in Australia.
- Behavioural Conditions
To be able to apply for a visa online for Australia, you must also behave per the requirements for criminal convictions.
Whether or not it has been served, you are only allowed to have been sentenced to a maximum of 12 months imprisonment (combined).
- Passport Conditions
You will be allowed to enter the country on the sole condition of having a valid passport. The passport you enter Australia with must be the same one you applied for the visa with. Indeed, the use of the passport number makes the visa inextricably linked to the passport.
The passport must also be valid for at least six months from the date of arrival in Australia. If the passport expires earlier, then the visa automatically expires.
In this case, you must first apply for a new passport and then reapply for a visa with the new valid passport.
Requirements for Tourist Visa
Below are the specific requirements to obtain a tourist visa in Australia;
- Original and copy of passport valid for at least one year.
- Form 48 RSPA duly completed.
- Form 956 duly completed and signed by the passenger (only applicable if the visa application is going to be processed through a travel agency).
- Two passport size colour photographs.
- Photocopy of the air ticket.
- Letter from the company indicating position, salary, time of service, vacation period and the last three salary or pension stubs.
- Certificate of income and withholdings or income statement.
- International Certificate of Yellow Fever Vaccine.
- Civil marriage registration.
- If you wish to stay in Australia for more than three months, you must attach a chest X-ray to the application (only over 16 years of age), the radiologists must only be those indicated by the embassy.
- Last three bank statements and bank certification with balance.
- Property deeds, if applicable.
- For minors: Civil registration of the birth of the children, permission to leave the country signed by the parents and authenticated.
- Certification of study if you are a student
- Letter of invitation from Australia if you are invited
Requirements for Getting Business Visa
If you are going to Australia for business purposes, then you should take note of the requirements highlighted below.
- Form 456 duly completed.
- Form 956 duly completed and signed (only applicable if the visa application is going to be processed through a travel agency).
- Employment letter specifying that the company is responsible for the expenses of the traveller.
- Certificate from the company’s Chamber of Commerce.
- Original or copy of invitation letter from the Australian company you will visit (they do not accept via email).
- Transit Visa.
- Requirements Australian transit visa requirements.
- Form 876 duly filled out.
- Passport size photo.
- Valid passport, with a minimum validity of one year.
- Travel reservations that indicate the date of entry and exit from Australia.
- An authorization to travel abroad before a notary public for minors under 18 years of age travelling alone or with one of their parents.
If you receive your new passport just before you leave for Australia, you can submit an urgent visa application.
Steps to Getting the Australian Visa
Having gotten the requirements that we have just talked about, then obtaining the visa should be your next goal.
Therefore, we have highlighted some general steps required to get your visa irrespective of the type you want.
- Visit the official Australian visa website to fill in your visa application form.
- Make payment for the visa. This can be done using several payment methods that are available on their website.
- Get your visa – Having completed the processes above, your visa will be forwarded in your email.
I believe that this article has covered the major requirements for getting an Australia visa. Therefore, it is left for you to start applying and processing your visa to Australia.
Ensure that you share this piece with your colleagues online who might also find this information useful. Thanks.