The University of Houston has one of the most comprehensive online degree offerings in Texas. You can choose from:
- Degree programs (bachelor’s and master’s)
- Certificate programs
- Non-degree programs (undergraduate, graduate and professional development)
University of Houston Clear Lake Online Degrees
There are a variety of online degree programs available to UHCL students. We offer undergraduate and graduate degrees, as well as certificate programs. You can choose from one of our many online bachelor’s degree programs, such as a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology or a Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science. If you’re looking for online master’s degrees, we have plenty to offer you, too—such as an Master of Arts in Communication or Master of Business Administration (MBA). For those seeking online doctorate degree programs, there is the Doctorate of Education in Educational Leadership program.
No matter which program you’re interested in, you’ll be able to complete your coursework through an interactive learning platform that is updated frequently and offers engaging content from instructors who are experts in their fields. Additionally, our academic advisors are here to support you throughout your entire experience with us—and beyond! They will help ensure that you stay on track to complete your degree and that all the requirements for graduation are fulfilled by assisting you with planning your courses each semester.
University of Houston-Downtown Online Degrees
University of Houston-Downtown
This urban university is the second largest in the UH System, with nearly 14 000 students from various ethnic and cultural backgrounds. It has a diverse student body, focused on education and research that promotes business development, cultural enrichment, and improved educational opportunities within the city of Houston. The university’s main campus is located in the heart of downtown Houston. Its College of Business offers an online MBA with several start dates throughout the year. The program consists of 42 credit hours, including 33 core credits and nine elective credits (courses for which you choose). These include accounting for decision making; financial decision making; management information systems; managerial economics; marketing management; operations research applications; organizational design, theory and behavior; strategic management policy. There are no required campus visits or lectures to attend as a distance learner. Students work at their own pace using recorded lectures supplemented by live sessions every two weeks with faculty and other students in the program through online discussions, webinars and virtual conferences to enhance learning outcomes for each course. You can complete this degree in about 18 months if you take two courses per semester (if it takes longer than three years to finish your degree there’s an additional cost).
University of Houston System
The University of Houston System is a public university system that offers online degrees. The system includes three distinct universities: the University of Houston, the University of Houston-Downtown, and the University of Houston-Clear Lake.
University of Houston
University of Houston was founded in 1927 and gained its current name in 1971. In addition to its main campus in Texas’s fourth largest city (Houston), UH has two satellite campuses (UH at Sugar Land and UH at Katy) and locations across Texas. With an enrollment of over 45,000 students, UH is one of the largest public universities by enrollment in the state.
University of Houston-Downtown
University of Houston-Downtown was founded as a private college in downtown Houston in 1974. It became part of UH System in 1976 and acquired its current name five years later. With a student body that numbers nearly 15,000, it has become one of the most diverse universities in Texas and ranks among the top 10 bachelor’s degree producers for Hispanics nationally.
University of Houston offers a variety of online degree and certificate programs.
University of Houston offers a variety of online degree and certificate programs. To view available programs, click on the links below:
- [Online Bachelor’s Degrees](https://www.uh.edu/online/bachelors/)
- [Online Master’s and Doctoral Degrees](https://www.uh.edu/online/masters/)
- [Online Nurse Practitioner Certificate Program](https://www.uh.edu/nursing/academics-programs/graduate-degrees-certificates/np-certificate/)
To be eligible for admission to an online bachelor’s degree, you must meet the following requirements:
- A minimum 2.0 GPA in at least 24 transferable college credit hours or an associate’s degree from a regionally accredited institution OR
- 30 semester credit hours earned with no grades below a C (2.0) from UH or other regionally accredited institution OR
- The ability to demonstrate applicable learning through College Level Examination Program (CLEP), Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES), Excelsior College Examinations, Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate Exams, or Prior Learning Assessment.*
- See the University Catalog for information about specific requirements for your intended major and how you may satisfy those requirements with CLEP, DANTES, Excelsior College Examinations, AP exams and IB exams .
How to Apply for University of Houston Online Degrees
University of Houston Online Degrees
The University of Houston offers the following online degree programs.
- Bachelor of Business Administration – General
- This degree can serve as a stepping stone to career advancement and higher-paying jobs, or as a way to fulfill continuing education requirements for your current job. Some of the skills you’ll gain are communication, critical thinking, and problem solving. Courses within this program include Personal Financial Planning, Marketing Management, Accounting for Decision Makers, Organizational Behavior and Human Resource Management, and Legal Environment of Business.
- To apply for this degree:
- Have completed high school with a 2.5 GPA or greater (proof required)
- Take at least 30 hours of classes through UH before graduation (proof required)
- Submit an application form (available through UH)
How to Apply to University of Houston Online
- Begin the online application process by selecting “Apply Now.”
- Complete the online application by following the instructions and entering information when prompted. The steps of the application include:
- Enter personal information, such as your name
- Enter contact information, including address and phone number
- Provide financial aid information if applicable
- Answer questions related to your academic background, such as high school attended and military experience
- Select a username and password to use with the University of Houston online portal
- Submit your application after you have entered all required information. You will be prompted to submit before you can move on to other sections of the application. Pay any fees associated with your application submission at this time. Fees may vary depending on residency status and program choice. Contact University of Houston for specific fee amounts prior to applying if necessary.
- Submit all required documents electronically or through postal mail if necessary. The University of Houston website provides a list of required documents along with instructions for submitting transcripts from other universities and standardized test scores from entities like CLEP or SAT/ACT, depending on your program choice and prior coursework
Steps to Apply to University of Houston Online
- Create an account using the button below. You’ll need to provide your name, address, phone number, and email address.
- Follow the steps in your account to complete paperwork. You will be asked for your social security number, date of birth, academic history and employment history.
- Review any admission requirements specific to your program before submitting your application.
What You Need to Apply
In order to apply to the University of Houston online degree program, you’ll need to have a few things on hand when you fill out the form. First, you’ll need official high school transcripts. If you’re applying for transfer status, then you’ll also need official college transcripts. High school graduates who have earned a GED will be required to submit their scores as well.
If you’re under 22 years old and have less than 24 semester hours of college credit, then ACT or SAT scores are also required. You’ll be expected to submit a 500-word essay on your personal career goals and why you’ve chosen UH for your education needs. You should also include two letters of recommendation from former teachers or employers. Finally, a cashier’s check or money order entitling UH to $50 is required as an application fee (as long as this fee isn’t waived by another institution).
You’ll also need citizenship and residency status information. For example, if you’ve been a Texas resident for 12 months immediately prior to enrollment date, then that information can serve as evidence in support of your application for residency classification.
Related Post:How to Get into Columbia University
Find Your Degree Program
- Step 1: Find Your Degree Program
- Step 2: Apply for Admission and Pay the Application Fee
- Step 3: Submit Your Application
- Step 4: Provide Additional Documentation
- Step 5: Get Ready for Classes
Value of a Houston Online Degree
Your Houston Online degree might be a good option for you if:
- You want to keep your costs down. If you’re seeking an online program, this is probably already a concern for you, but it’s important to know that Houston Online offers students lower tuition rates than some other comparable online universities.
- You want to save time and get through the program quickly. As mentioned above, Houston Online also allows students to earn credits more quickly, meaning they can graduate sooner and thus more affordably. Consider how much more appealing a three-year degree is than a four-year one!
- You are less concerned with the prestige of your future alma mater. Houston Online is technically part of the University of Texas system, but some students may be interested in attending schools with “more prestigious” reputations—like Harvard or Yale or Stanford—and thus not be interested in being associated with a school like Houston.
13 Universities Providing Access to the Best Campus Experiences, Scholarships and Degree Programs Available Anywhere
Are you looking to earn a degree from the best university possible? The good news is that the United States is home to many of the world’s top universities.
The bad news is that, for most people, it can be difficult to figure out how to earn a degree from one of these schools without moving.
Houston has 13 universities which consistently make the top 100 degrees in the nation, and they’re all readily accessible online.
Earning an online degree from a Houston university will provide you with first-class access to tutors and campus life while also offering an extensive education at your fingertips. They also offer competitive scholarship programs and degrees which can be earned in as little as 18 months.
Houston offers the best online degree programs in the country.
Houston is home to 13 universities, each offering more than 200 degree programs. It is a large city with plenty of opportunities for college students who are interested in earning a degree.
Houston is the fourth largest city in the United States and has experienced tremendous growth over the past decade. With so many colleges and universities to choose from, students can earn degrees in a wide range of subjects including business, education, law, healthcare, engineering and science.