How can I get Money to pay my Student Loan?
Not even a day off without seeing desperate students asking for ways in which they can pay their student loans which have already become a burden on their neck. Of course paying loans of any type either student, merchant, or any form of loan repayments is very difficult sometimes and can lead to frustrations.
This is why alternatives are being made available to help folks to pay up their student loans. Basically, the best answer to the question of ‘how can I get money to pay off my student loan’ is by applying for student scholarship loans. This type of scholarship is offered to individuals who are looking for alternatives to paying their student loans and have graduated or are still in school.
Another better way is through donations from friends and families. It could be confusing, but you shouldn’t be, because I’ll explain it more before the end of this article. Also, they’re numerous grants made available for raising money to pay your students’ debt. So it is a matter of choice as far as these alternatives are available. Although it usually requires certain things or criteria before you can meet up with any, it is quite easy and less complex to access and apply them.
What is a Loan Scholarship?
Loan scholarship as the name implies helps in paying loans through some granted scholarships program. It is not applicable to all types of loans, it is specific to people with student loan debt and looking for alternatives to pay them. They’re good numbers of the program that have helped many students to cut off the financial burden. Loan scholarships could be granted on different bases and conditions.
In case you don’t know, any scholarship is a gifted offer and there’s no need for repayments. This is not so in the case of a loan where you’re expected to pay back under certain conditions (mostly with interest). This initiative although cannot cover all your student loan debt but it is significant as it helps individuals in relieving some of their financial burdens.
They’re different student loan scholarships available for individuals. Some of them are listed below;
- For College Student we have;
- Student-specific College Student Scholarship Program
- Career-specific, College Student Scholarship Program
- Need-based College Students Scholarship Program
- Location-based College Student Scholarship Program
- National Merit Scholarship Program
- For Women we have;
- Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship
- National Pathfinder Scholarship
- Girl Scouts of America
- Alice T. Schafer Mathematics Prize
- Corporate Scholarships
- Distinguished Young Women
- Cash Scholarships
- Jeannette Rankin Women’s Scholarship Fund
- The American Association of University Women (AAUW)
- The Business and Professional Women’s Foundation
11.The Margaret McNamara Memorial Fund
- For Old/adults
- Philanthropic Educational Organization (P.E.O.)
- William E. and Phoebe Clark Scholarship
- Air Force Aid Society
- Alpha Sigma Lambda (ASL)’s Scholarship for
- Business and Professional Women’s Foundation
- Educational Foundation for Women Accounting (EFWA)
- Adult Students
- Americorps Silver Scholars
- Association On American Indian Affairs (AAIA)
- Federal Student Aid
- State Level Funding
- Scholarships grants for LGBT Students
- Transgender Community
- Cornell University School of Veterinary Medicine
- Emory University GALA Leadership Award
- Gamma Mu Scholarship
- Hewlett-Packard (HP) Scholars Program
- Asian Pacific Islander Queer Women &
- Pride Foundation Scholarships
- Gates Millennium Scholars (GMS) Program
- For Native Americans
- American Bar Association (ABA) Legal
- Hewlett-Packard (HP) Scholars Program
- ESA Foundation Computer and Video Game Scholarship
- National Association of Black Journalists Scholarship Programs
- The HP Scholars Award is a scholarship
- Morgan Stanley Tribal Scholars Program
- Smithsonian Minority Student Internship
- ABA Diversity Scholarship
- Opportunity Scholarship Fund
- Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) American Indian Scholarship
- Ron Brown Scholar Program
- Smithsonian Institution James E. Webb Internship
- UNCF-MERCK Science Research Scholarships and Fellowships
- AICPA Minority Accounting Students
- Presbyterian Church-U.S.A. Student Opportunity Scholarships
These are just a few classes of scholarship out there for you to ease your student loan debt, you can as well browse many of them on the Internet. Also to apply for any of the above-mentioned scholarships, you can visit their page with a simple search on the Internet.
Another way of getting money to pay off your student loan is through donations from certain people, organizations, or even states. They’re a number of opportunities out there for you to explore and have free funds to help in relieving your student loan debts. Such payments are considered stipends but in most cases, it is a significant amount in the actual sense. Some of the most reliable donations program you can enroll yourself are mentioned below;
- Packing, for those moving to the state of Maine, there’s a possibility that some fees will be granted to you most from the state, in most cases buying a house within a time frame there would lead to a big cut down of your student debt.
- From your job you can be given a helping hand to pay your student loan in form of a donation if your place of work has such offers
- Apps, from Gift of College where you create a profile and share with families and friends to help donate money for your student’s loan debt directly to your debtor’s account
- Volunteering where borrowers can partake in Shared Harvest Fund, and in return will be given some monthly stipend.
Of course, they’re numerous grants to help you pay off your student loan if you’re looking for ways in which you can reduce or pay your student loan debts. All of them are freely given and there’s no possibility of paying a pack or being held responsible for any amount. Some of the popular grants are;
- Student Debt Relief Grant, the Student Debt Relief scholarship program grants individuals up to $2000 as part of tuition fees for their high school programs either colleges or universities.
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant, This program is available for only undergraduates without any degree before
- Debt Scholarship which is opened to both undergraduates and postgraduates of all fields
- Iraq-Afghanistan Service Grant, Opened for only Afghans and Iraqis citizen whose parents or guardians died while serving in the military in Afghanistan or Iraq, at the moment the individual was already enrolled to study in college or university
- Federal Pell Grants which is opened to undergraduate programs for students who have not gotten any degree before
- TEACH Grant for students intending to pursue their career in the teaching field
- Arkansas Health Education Grant is mainly for students of medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, and optometry.
- Tuition Assistance Program mainly for students of postgraduate programs
- The AlaskAdvantage Education Grant Program, a scholarship scheme for only postgraduates students who want to study in health science extraction social services, natural resources, and teaching
- Army Loan Repayment Program for those who serve in the military
- AmeriCorps strictly for the Americorps
- Cal Grants for all fields and levels